With the Self-Hosted Pro plan you tap into all of ThriveTracker’s great features (domain control, extensive reporting, LP pixel, funnel support) and all your data belongs to you and resides on your own databases. All software updates are sent via FTP/SFTP.
For detailed instructions and a complete walk-through of the installation process, please watch the Installation Walk-Through Tutorial Video.
If you’re on an NGINX server, please see Redirect Setup for NGINX
(A) PHP 5.4 to 5.6
(B) MySQL 5.1 or better
The sql_mode only_full_group_by cannot be enabled. From MySQL 5.7 it is enabled by default
(C) ionCube Loader
(D) the ability to create cron jobs either with shell access or via cPanel or similar application.
- When they call you for verification on your order, just tell them you want to install Thrive, and they will do it for free. Just provide them with 1) the domain and directory you want to install under, and 2) what you’d like for your default time zone.
Basic Installation Instructions:
1) Create a new database
● MySQL 5.1 or MariaDB 5.1 or better
If it’s MySQL 5.7 or higher, needs to disable sql_mode=only_full_group_by
● Must have MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines
2) Upload files
● You can either upload the thrive.zip file then unzip it (this method is preferred!) .
● OR you can unzip the zip file then upload it but you will have to be careful to make sure you upload the .htaccess files (normally hidden by operating systems).
● The .htaccess files are located in the a jax/, app/reports/ and app/exports/ folders.
3) Rename the thrive folder to whatever you want. Alternatively, you can also move all the contents of the folder directly into public_html if you don’t already have a site there. The only thing this affects is how your click-through URLs will display (extra directory versus just the domain).
4) In your web browser (best with Chrome), navigate to the directory you just unzipped by typing in your domain and installation directory, and follow the on-screen installation steps. If you’ve moved all the contents of the folder into public_html , then just navigate to www.yourdomain.com.
**Important: After installation, DO NOT change neither the name nor the location of the installation directory of THRIVE. You can only do this before installation.
If you have any trouble with installation or have an uncommon server setup, please don’t hesitate to reach out via a support ticket , and we will get you sorted right away.